B.C. Conservative hopeful Findlay still in race after ‘unproven and anonymous’ claims
VICTORIA — The committee organizing the leadership race for the B.C. Conservatives says it doesn’t have enough credible evidence to take action against a candidate after a media report said she was accused of wrongdoing in the last federal election.
The leadership campaign for Kerry-Lynne Findlay said earlier this week that the allegations are false and the “unproven and anonymous” claims were leaked to the media at the most politically damaging moment possible.
Findlay said on social media platform X on Friday that her campaign won’t be stopped “no matter what they throw” at her, and she won’t be silenced or intimidated.
She is one of five candidates on the ballot to replace John Rustad as voting starts on Saturday among members of the main provincial opposition party.
